The Quality system
The quality system in Zastava oruzje AD was first certified in 2001 by the Military Control of Quality and Military Equipment, as a certification body. The certification at that time referred to the quality system in the field of quality assurance in the design, development, production, installation and servicing of weapons, in Zastava oruzje AD and resulted in:
- Certificate of conformity of the quality system with the standard JUS ISO 9001/96, issued on October 10, 2001 and
- Certificate of conformity of the quality system with the military standard SNO 9000/97, issued on October 8, 2001.
From 2001 until today, Zastava oruzje AD has continuously improved its quality system, through the harmonization and implementation of new editions of quality management standards. The process is monitored by regular supervisory inspections by the Military Quality Control (Sector for Material Resources of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Serbia) as an accredited certification body.
In June 2017, Zastava oruzje AD, in addition to the certificate of quality management system standards (SRPS ISO 9001:2008 and SORS 9000/14), acquired certificates of compliance with the requirements of the standards:
- Environmental management system (SRPS ISO 14001:2015) and
- Occupational health and safety management system (SRPS OHSAS 18001:2008),
whereby Zastava oruzje AD established an integrated management system (IMS).
As a part of the integrated management system, in order to improve the quality control process and production process, there are two laboratories operating within Zastava oruzje AD:
- Metrology laboratory, for confirmation of standards and length measuring devices, which has been working under the auspices of the Ministry of Defense for both internal and external needs since 1982, in accordance with the Decision on fulfilling the conditions for inspection of measuring equipment in the defense system issued on October 26, 2020 by the Directorate for Standardization, Codification and Metrology of the Ministry of Defense and
- Center for laboratory testing that deals with the analysis of materials – steel (chemical, metallographic and mechanical testing) and testing of coatings, both for internal process needs and for the needs of external service users. Since October 26, 2020, the work of the laboratory is harmonized with the requirements of the standard SRPS ISO/IEC 17025:2017, by the Certificate of Accreditation awarded by the Accreditation Body of Serbia.
Today, Zastava oruzje AD has a harmonized Policy of integrated management system, which that determines the manner of meeting business objectives and compliance with the following standards:
- Quality Management (SRPS ISO 9001:2015),
- Environmental management system (SRPS ISO 14001:2015),
- Occupational health and safety management system (SRPS ISO 45001:2018),
as well as the defense standards of the Republic of Serbia:
- Quality assurance requirements in the process of product realization (SORS 9000/14) and
- Requirements for quality plans – Guidelines for the development of Quality Plan and Control Plan (SORS 9005/15).
Plans for further improvements of the integrated management system of Zastava oruzje AD relate to:
- harmonization of IMS with the requirements of the standard SRPS ISO 27001:2014 – Information security management systems,
- systematic and documentary monitoring of the work process using video surveillance resources for the purpose of respecting safety and health at work and environmental protection,
- preservation of biodiversity and macroclimate of the Company’s facilities and its enrichment with new horticultural species and architectural solutions for the purpose of improving the business and working environment and representativeness of Zastava oruzje AD.
Person responsible – IMS Coordinator